Pricing and Item Description
North Country Fire will make every effort to correctly portray the items and information contained in this web site. In the event of pricing errors, errors in descriptions, and informational content errors, we will attempt to correct the situation in a timely fashion once notified. We will not be held liable for pricing errors and reserve the right to cancel any order or refuse shipment at any time with written notice to the buyer.
We rely on a heavily automated process to provide you with the fastest service possible. For this reason, once you place an order with North Country Fire, your credit card is automatically charged. Once an order has been placed, price adjustments cannot be made at any time for any reason, this includes sale items, discounted items, pricing updates, or proposed price matches. Gift Certificates, coupons, and discount codes must be presented or entered at the time of purchase and cannot be applied to previous purchases.
North Country Fire reserves the right to change product pricing at any time. If the appropriate price has not been updated on the website before a product is ordered, we will inform the purchaser of the new price and we will allow the purchaser to cancel the order for a full refund or to pay the updated price.
Item descriptions and pictures are based on information provided by the product manufacturers. Due to the nature of digital photography and lighting, North Country Fire will not be held responsible for perceived differences in color, finish or texture between pictures and descriptions and actual products.
Shipping and Delivery
All orders qualify for free shipment and will be delivered via carrier of North Country Fire’s choosing.
This shipping policy applies to the contiguous forty eight States. North Country Fire reserves the right to choose the shipping carrier. Orders shipped via freight or common carrier include standard curbside delivery with liftgate service. North Country Fire is not responsible for any additional shipping costs incurred to move shipments from accessible curbside delivery location (i.e. narrow winding roads, islands, condos etc.) Our larger items are shipped via common carrier freight shipping in which case the shipping company will contact the purchaser via the contact information provided to North Country Fire to schedule delivery of product. Any product authorized to be delivered without a signature becomes the sole property of the purchaser and North Country Fire will not be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during delivery.
Any oversized items are typically restricted to business addresses or can be available for pick up at the carrier’s delivery terminal. In the event of an incorrect address being entered into our system, please contact North Country Fire as soon as possible, we will attempt to get the delivery address changed before the item ships, if the item has already shipped it is the purchaser's responsibility to contact the shipping company to attempt to change the address.
Purchasers wishing to ship product outside of the contiguous 48 states may place their order over the phone, orders will be approved and shipping costs applied on a case by case basis.
- If you receive your product via USPS, FedEx, UPS or other traditional service you have two(2) business days to call us to report any damage to the delivery.
- If you receive your product via freight delivery and authorize the freight company to deliver your shipment without a signature you are accepting your shipment in “good condition” and North Country Fire is not responsible for any damage claims.
- If you receive your product via freight delivery you or an authorized representative should be present to accept the delivery and should receive the delivery according to the following;
- Note the number of items in the shipment and compare that to the bill of lading.
- If all of the items are not present note that on the delivery ticket. (i.e. 5 of 6 items delivered).
- Call North Country Fire to report the missing items immediately.
Inspect all of the packages for any external damage.
If any damage is visible, even a crushed corner or slight tear in a box, open the packaging and inspect all items for damage.
Any visible damage needs to be noted on the delivery ticket by writing the word DAMAGED with a description of the damage, e.g. "shrink wrap torn, missing in areas".
Inspect all of the packages for any concealed damage.
It is important to open and inspect every item in your shipment to check for any concealed damage.
If the there is no visible damage on the packaging you may sign for the shipment and write “pending inspection” on the receipt.
Concealed damage needs to be reported to North Country Fire within two(2) business days of shipment delivery.
Any delivery signed for without noting any damages on the delivery paperwork provided by the driver will become the responsibility of the purchaser and will be considered to be delivered in good condition.
- In the event of damage caused during delivery, North Country Fire will treat each order on a case by case basis.
- In the event of minor scrapes with no physical damage where paint has been removed, North Country Fire may elect to send touch up paint to repair the damage.
- In the event of a specific part being broken or bent North Country Fire may elect to send a replacement part only, with the repairs to be completed by purchasers installer.
- In the event of damage beyond repair, North Country Fire may elect to send out a complete replacement unit. If a full replacement is warranted and shipped, it is generally the responsibility of the customer to dispose of the original item in the manner they see fit.
Liability after delivery
North Country Fire is not responsible for any damage which occurs to products during the unpacking or installation process (i.e. drops, scratches, dings). Please take the time to carefully remove your items from their packages.
We highly recommend purchasers hire professional contractors to install any stoves or fireplaces. North Country Fire will not be held responsible for any damage to persons or property which occurs due to incorrect installation of products.
Warranty replacement parts
In the event that a part is broken or malfunctioning due to manufacturing error, the part will be replaced according to the associated manufacturers warranty specifications. Any diagnosis of malfunctioning items must be completed by a qualified installer. Replacement parts will only be shipped direct to the qualified installer's address. North Country Fire, nor the manufacturers offer any type of warranty coverage for labor costs involved in diagnosing, repairing or replacing malfunctioning components.
To initiate a warranty claim, please email support@northcountryfire. Include your order number, the appliance serial number, the installation or service company name, address and phone number, the explanation and diagnosis of the problem and the part numbers required to fix the issue.
Please note that North Country Fire does not stock replacement parts. All replacement parts are ordered through the manufacturer of the item and can take up to 6 weeks to be shipped.
When you buy from North Country Fire, you may return new and unused items for any reason, no questions asked. There are just a few simple rules:
- The item must be new and unused, unopened and complete in its original packaging, in resalable condition
- You must initiate the return process within 30 days of purchase
- Email email@example.com with your order number, the item(s) you would like to return and appropriate contact information.
- When you return has been approved you will receive a return authorization (RA) number from North Country Fire
- You may ship your item back to the appropriate address in the method of your choosing, at your cost. We recommend purchasing shipping insurance for the value of the item in the event that it is damaged during return shipping. We recommend taking pictures of your packages before shipment.
- Once we receive your item, we will verify that it is in new / unused, unopened condition
- In the event the item arrives at our warehouse in an unacceptable condition we will notify you via email and we will not issue a refund. If the item is received damaged you may file a claim with your shipping company. If the item is received used, opened or not in resell-able condition, you may choose to have the item disposed of or returned to you at your expense. Unaccepted items which remain at our warehouse for longer than 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of North Country Fire.
- If and when your return is received in good condition and has been approved, your refund will be issued. Keep in mind that it could take several business days for your refund to appear on your credit card.